Lithium Polymer Battery
Storage of Lithium Polymer Battery
- To maintain the lithium polymer battery capacity, it is recommended that the lithium polymer battery and lithium polymer battery pack be stored at -20 to 35 ° C with low humidity and no corrosive gas
- Avoid storing the battery in high temperature or high humidity. Doing so may cause the lithium polymer battery to leak, rust, and have low capacity.
- Long-term storage may result in the capacity of lithium polymer battery and lithium polymer battery pack be less, may require up to 1-3 charge / discharge cycles to achieve the highest discharge capacity.
- The lithium polymer battery needs to be re-charged and re-discharged once after three months of storage.
Cautions of Lithium Polymer Battery
- Do not allow reverse charging, the lithium polymer battery should be accurately connected by polarity, can not be reversed.
- Do not allow short circuits, as this can cause permanent damage.
- The lithium polymer battery can not be used under extreme conditions, such as: extreme temperature, deep cycle, extreme overcharge and over-discharge.
- Store the lithium polymer battery in a cool, dry place. If a large amount of lithium polymer battery is stored or shipped, the lithium polymer battery must be discharged first.
- Do not solder the lithium polymer battery directly.
- If the lithium polymer battery is noisy, high temperature, liquid leakage and other anomalies, please stop using it immediately.
- Do not put lithium polymer battery into fire or attempt to disassemble, otherwise may burn or produce harmful substances.
- It is not permissible to mix old lithium polymer batteries or half-used lithium polymer batteries with new lithium polymer batteries as this may result in over-discharge.
- Do not cut the case and remove the shrink wrapped of lithium polymer battery.
- Do not allow lithium polymer batteries to be put in water directly.
Proper Use and Handling
- The battery should be charged before use.
- Please refer to our company’s technical specifications for charging method
- Use the appropriate charger for charging.
- The use of the battery should be kept in a ventilated environment, otherwise hydrogen gas will be generated and it will explode in the presence of a fire source.
- To prevent the battery from damaging your skin and eyes due to the alkaline fluid that has been splashed by heat, do not separate the battery pack or allow it to get squeezed or bumped.
- Keep batteries away from children. If swallowed, contact the doctor immediately.
- When the battery is not in use, it should be removed from the device.
- The new battery or the battery after long-term storage needs to be fully charged before use.
- When the temperature of the battery is high, do not touch it without cooling.
- During the use of the battery, if the battery’s electricity is found to be reduced, the device should be immediately turned off to avoid discharge.
- When unplugging the battery pack, hold the connector and not the wire.
- After the battery is used, if it is hot, place the battery in location free of direct sunlight for cooling before recharging.
If the customer needs other applications or the operating conditions are beyond the scope of this document, please contact us in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In this case, you may need to add experiments to verify performance and security.
We will not be liable for any use of batteries under the other conditions described in this document. We will inform customers in writing that improvements, if any, regarding the proper use and handling of batteries are deemed necessary.
How to Store LiPoly Battery Safely
The Temperature of LiPoly Battery | The Humidity of LiPoly Battery | Charge Rate & Discharge of LiPoly Battery
- You should keep lithium polymer battery in temperature -20° C to 35°C with low humidity and no corrosive gas to keep the lower shelf discharge rate. The so higher temperature is not safe. The so lower temperature is not better for holding in functional capacity.
- The lithium polymer battery should not be put under high temperature or high humidity to avoid a leak, rust or lower capacity. So that you may can’t used any more.
- The capacity of lithium polymer battery goes lower without using for a long time. You should do charge/discharge 1~3 cycles to keep the best capacity. The charge rate is 0.2C~0.5C and the discharge rate is 0.5C~1.0C.
- The lithium polymer battery should be charged once three months. The shelf-discharge may case to the lower voltage or 0V even the protection circuit built-in.
Lithium Polymer Battery Performance Standards
LiPoly Battery Standard Charge/Discharge Conditions | LiPoly Battery Cycle Life Test Standard | LiPoly Battery Short Circuit Test Standard | LiPoly Battery Abnormal Charging Test Standard | LiPoly Battery Thermal Shock Test Standard | LiPoly Battery Vibration Test Standard | LiPoly Battery Free Drop Test Standard | LiPoly Battery Storage Standard and others
Before proceeding the lipoly battery tests, the cells should be discharged at 0,5C to 3,0V cut-off. Unless otherwise stated, tests should be done within one month of delivery under the following conditions:
Ambient Temperature: 23°C±2°C
Relative Humidity: 65±20%RH
Lithium Polymer Battery Standard Charge/Discharge Conditions
The lithium polymer battery will be charged to 4,2V with 0,5C from constant current to constant voltage, when the current is 0,5C, stop to load.
Lithium Polymer Battery Cycle Life Test Standard
Charging with 0,2C to 4,2V and then discharging with 0,2C to 3,0V. 80% or more capacity of 1st cycle capacity at 0,2C discharge of operation.
Lithium Polymer Battery Short Circuit Test Standard without fire and explosion
After a 0,2C standard charge, the lithium polymer battery located in fume hood is to be short-circuited by connecting the positive and negative terminals with and an external load of less than 100mΩ till the lithium polymer battery case temperature has returned to near ambient temperature.
Lithium Polymer Battery Abnormal Charging Test Standard without fire and no explosion
After a discharge 1C to 3,0V cut-off, constant charge current 1C to 4,8V, then charge on 4,8V no less than 7hrs.
Lithium Polymer Battery Thermal Shock Test Standard without fire and explosion
After a standard charge, the lithium polymer battery is placed in an oven and is heated up at a rate of 5°C/min until the temperature reaches 130°C. The furnace shall be maintained at 130°C for 10 minutes.
Lithium Polymer Battery Vibration Test Standard without fire and explosion
After a standard charge, fixed the cell to vibration table and subjected to vibration cycling that the frequency is to be varied at the rate of 1Hz per minute between 10Hz~ 55Hz, the excursion of the vibration is 1.6mm.The cell shall be vibrated for 30 minutes per axis of XYZ axes.
Lithium Polymer Battery Free Drop Test Standard without fire and explosion, Residual capacity ≥ 95%
After a standard charge, the lithium polymer battery is dropping to the wood board with a thickness of 18mm to 20mm on the cement ground; the height shall be 1m measured from the lowest point of the lithium polymer battery to the wood board surface. Drop the cell from X, Y, Z direction (including face side and reverse side direction each) each time, then measured the
capacity at discharge current 0,5C and a cut-off voltage of 3,0V, and then cycled times to measure the maximal discharge capacity.
Lithium Polymer Battery Storage Standard and others
Ambient Temperature: 23°C±5°C
Relative Humidity: 65±20%
* Please activate the lithium polymer battery once every three months according to the following method:
Charge at 0,2C to 4,2V, rest 5 min, then discharge with 0,2C to 3,0V/cell, rest 5 min, then charge at 0.2C to 3.9V.